What is UV Water Purifier?
UV Water Purifiers are those water treatment machines which uses UV technology to treat the water. They use the power of UV to disinfect water and make it completely free from bacteria and germs.
UV Water Purifiers is one of the most common water treatment methods used in the United States to filter water. It is a chemical free and environment friendly water treatment solution ensuring to kill 99.9% of bacteria present in drinking water. In addition to this, UV Water Purifiers do not affect taste or odor of water while ensuring safe drinking water to you and your family.
They can be used to protect against water-borne viruses, bacteria, molds and pathogenic disease-causing microorganisms such as giardia and cryptosporidium. Viruses such as Hepatitis are highly resistant to chlorine treatment but can be easily eliminated using UV treatment. UV Water Purifiers are cheap and small point of use system for whole house system and they are easy to install and maintain plus do not damage plumbing or septic tanks.
How a UV Water Purifier works?
UV rays expose all micro-biological pathogens, bacteria, viruses and cysts present in water to germicidal ultraviolent wavelength. UV radiation just at the 254-nm wavelength can easily disrupt the DNA of these harmful pathogens making them unable to replicate.
UV dosage is the measurement of energy delivered by UV Water Purifier. The more dosage of UV provided; the more energy is delivered to treat contaminated water. At certain point, energy becomes enough to inactivate almost all the pathogens present in water. UV rays deactivate the living organism in water but do not remove particles from water or add chemicals or removes bad tastes or water. In order to get pure water, you should consider adding our Water Filter along with UV Water Purifier.
What does UV Water Purifier remove?
UV Water Purifiers are tested and proven to remove following contaminants from water:
- Dysentery bacilli
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis
- Hepatitis B
- Fungi and other viruses
What’s inside UV Water Purifier?
UV Water Purifier contains an enclosed chamber that encases the entire system. The glass quartz sleeve holds the UV lamp which is responsible to emit a germicidal wavelength of radiation (UC-C) to deactivate harmful pathogens. The glass quartz sleeve is transparent and allows UV light to penetrate through and disinfect the water. This quartz glass sleeve protects UV lamp and system with direct contact to water. UV lamps runs on mercury vapor, mercury vapor is loaded in UV lamps in form of little beads.
Are UV Water Purifiers safe?
UV rays in high dosage is not safe for humans as they can cause several disorders including cancer. UV rays just below the certain threshold are completely safe for humans and just enough to kill all the bacteria, parasites, and pathogens. Chlorine treatment can be an alternative for this, but UV treatment is much safer in contrast. Unless you touch the inner UV bulb when it’s ON, you’re completely safe and in no danger of exposure to harmful rays.
Advantages of UV Water Purifier
- No use of Chemicals: Water treatment chemicals to some extent are not harmful to human body but may cause some minor disorders over the time. UV Water Purifiers do not use any sorts of chemicals, hence do not alters taste and color of water.
- Simple and Cost Effective: UV Water Purifiers are easy to install and most of them come with inbuilt taps. All you need to do is turn on electricity supply. UV Water Purifiers contains a bulb that only uses 60 watts of power to operate significantly reducing the operating cost.
- No damage to pipes: Chemical purifies the water but over the time they start corroding plumbing fixtures of your home. As UV Water Purify does not use any sorts of chemicals; it does not damage your pipes and plumbing.
- Easy maintenance: UV Water Purifiers do not require your attention and effort to operate. But once in a year you need to replace the lamp and once in every two years you need to replace quartz glass inside.
Drawbacks of UV Water Purifier
While UV Purifier is one of the most efficient ways to treat water, but it also has some drawbacks which you need to consider before you purchase one of them.
- Portability: As UV Water Purifier constantly require electricity to function, you cannot just take them to your camps or places where there is limited electric supply.
- Leaves some impurities behind: Though UV Water Purifier kills 99.9% harmful bacteria; but we still do not want to consume the leftovers. As UV Water Purifier is not a filter, it does not remove all the leftovers. It is highly recommended to use whole house filter system along with UV Water Purifier to ensure safe drinking water.
- Regular maintenance: Though its easy to maintain UV Water Purifiers but maintenance need to be carried out on regular basis.
Apart from these, UV lights are invisible to our naked eyes which make us too hard to determine if the purifier is working or not. We may end up drinking impure water without even knowing about it. Therefore, it is necessary for UV Water Purifiers to replace UV lamps at least in a year.
A UV light sterilization water filter system is a fantastic way to treat your water without using any sorts of chemical. It is best way to maintain clean and health water guaranteeing your water quality is above standard. Just make sure you use whole house water filtration system or other filter technology to remove the leftovers from UV disinfection.
UV wavelength disorders DNA of the micro-biological organism in water which stops them from reproducing. Micro-biological organism can embed in your digestive track and replicate causing other health problems. UV radiations damage nucleic acids present in DNA of all pathogens, parasites, bacteria and viruses and prevents them from replicating.
If your water has impurities like pathogens, bacteria and other harmful micro-biological organisms, then you should consider using UV Water Purifier. UV Water Purifier kills the micro-biological organism, harmful pathogens by exposing them to ultraviolet light.